Welcome to my blog...I was a little hesitant that people would really want to read about my life, but a few of you said you would, so this is for you...and me :) doi. Hope I don't let you down.
My first post is officially dedicated to those of you who showed up last night for my surprise Going Away Party. I've gushed and gushed to everyone I've talked to/seen today (and I am going to continue to do so probably for weeks to come). I still can't seem to register why so many people would get together to celebrate ME!
Let me set the scene for you. February 10th was just your typical (and very stressful) day. Snow-day in Nashville. I'm working from home juggling both jobs I am attempting to keep up, visit the doctor for a last minute check up before my move, and eventually have a breakdown due to the impending packing I have to do, so I go take a nap. I wake up from my nap in a frenzy, realizing that depending on the snow traffic, I may be late for my one-on-one dinner night with Kelly!
No time for bras! Or to think of what to wear! Must leave now!...so I grab the wrap/comfy robe jacket that I wore the day before to work, and I hit the road. We're going to Nero's, so what are the odds of seeing anyone I know, right?
Much to my surprise, I get there in plenty of time. In fact, I'm 15 minutes early. How did that happen? Don't worry, Kelly has this covered. Kelly knowing me, knows that I am addicted to being punctual (although normally this results in the penalty of having to save tables for others/sitting alone while everyone else is late), so she is prepared for the curveball I have thrown. I meet her at the front, and the hostess promptly escorts us to our "table for two". We walk. and walk. and walk. to a funny extent. I laugh to Kelly that we must be getting special treatment in the "back room"...still with absolutely no radar going off that this is weird. Hindsight is a silly thing.
In the words of Kelly McGinnis, I walked into the best-worst surprise ever. There stand my closest girlfriends, a hatch print designed by Kelly for everyone to sign, a slideshow on a large screen with pictures of all my closest friends, and wine by the bottle, everywhere! They calmly inform me that everyone I've ever met is on their way there, and even offer to run me to the mall for a quick change of clothes. Whatever...I'm going to just embrace it. I've never felt so embarrassed (and not just bc of my look)/happy/shocked/nervous/special/loved/etc! It was a surreal mix of emotions.
Kelly, Jessica, Rachael, Catherine, Camille, Julie, Jess, Laura B, Ashley, Forrest, Nathan, Gary, Daniel, Blake, Andrew, Stef, Tom, Lizzy, Ginger, Les, Wes, Wadih, Meredith, Amanda, Michelle, Mika!, Morgan, Dillon, Nicole, Lori, Emily, Tyler, Haden, Drew, Erin, Lynsi, Brad, Linda, Laura S, Chris-Craig, and even my most wonderful Sista -- (although not all could make it physically) were all a part of this very special night, and I don't think you will ever understand the feeling you gave me.
The only thing missing was Peaaa, but apparently she sent in photos for my slideshow, so I couldn't be too mad at her. (and Austin & Lauren, but they get me in California).
Good wine. Good food. Good company. Presents. Amazing hand-crafted decorations. The best friends in the whole world. What more could I ask for?! If I'd been any bit smart last night I would've gotten a group picture, but this is the only one I took, of my "Flat Kelly":
I must admit, I cried on my way home and was thinking -- Why the hell am I moving?!?
So Goodbye for now Nashville - Hello California, Blogging, and New Adventures. Keep you posted...

Poor Peanut and how she will miss Boo and me! Now that all my children are gone and Peanut (how dare you do that to Boo) I can become a hermit and curmudgeon.
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely friends you have. Such a blessing!
YAY! I'm so excited about your blog, Kelsa! Thanks for the birthday shout-out, I feel so honored :) I am so, so sorry I wasn't at your worst-best surprise ever. What a great testament to the amazing friend you are to so many. I still don't know if Kelly got the pics I sent, but I am glad I made it some way.
ReplyDeleteP.S. You will now be closer to me than to Nashville, yay!