Right now I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival to SD (t minus 1 hour!), but wanted to put some pics up of the place for everyone and to update you on California. I freaking LOVE it here! It's been pretty cold, but that's good bc I have had so much to do that I haven't really had time to be outside. I'm really thinking it might be torture to work in paradise everyday, but I will try not to complain too much ;) I did get to go on one walk this week, and surely things will settle down eventually.
Since I got here, I have been non-stop working, moving, and getting lost -- I have had some great meals with great company, found a church I like, and most importantly, Peaaa and I have really rekindled our love. It's kinda like the Bachelor when they make them scale buildings to build trust...the whole trauma of the flight out here has made us grow closer than ever. We'll see how long this lasts, but she is officially eating again, as of yesterday - Woohoo! See evidence below of our new bond and more pics for you to envision where I am. Keep in mind, this place is a work in process:
| Look! We share pillows! |
| This shows my "mama house" and the view out my front window - ps - I have blinds now. |
| Austin and Lauren's bedroom/my living room. The wall behind Peaaa goes to front of house view above. Note: TV stand. |
| This is how the TV stand started. My greatest accomplishment to date. |
| My room. I did not clean it for this pic. Bedding to come soon. |
| My office (technically still the living room to the right of Peaa in top pic) - Yesterday Lauren asked if I was still in bed, and I said, "No, I'm at work." In all seriousness. Weird... |
| My kitchen. This is pretty much the whole thing. Oh hello, Kelly in the corner! I did not see you there. |
| The view from my parking spot. See the water? It's only 2 blocks away! |
| Peanut's fun run shoot - aka - the side of my house. |
So that's pretty much the place! Will post more pics around town and of pretty stuff soon, but thought I'd deliver the basics first.
These are awesome!!!! Can't wait to come visit you! Feel like I know more about your life in california than I did when you were in Nashville! Please post more pics soon....have you taken He to see the ocean? I don't think he's ever been to the beach before.
ReplyDeletemazel tov!
ReplyDeleteLookin good! San Diego visit must happen asap.
ReplyDelete