Definition of Hangover
1: something (as a surviving custom) that remains from what is past
2 a : disagreeable physical effects following heavy consumption of alcohol or the use of drugs
b : a letdown following great excitement or excess
See 2b. That was my yesterday. Of all the days in San Diego (I've almost been here a month! = tomorrow), yesterday was my hardest.
Erin left Tuesday at 5pm, and after five days of having a best friend in town, I was exhausted. I fell asleep around 9pm, and slept clear through til my morning alarm...but when I woke up, for lack of better words, it sucked. I had tons of work to catch up on, I was tired, and I just felt completely unmotivated and alone...not having coworkers isn't so fun all the time, if you ever thought it would be. Rather than harping on my bad mood, which I am now out of (thank Gawwwd), I'll recap all the things that Erin and I fit into 5 days...some of my very most favorite days here so far!
- Friday I picked her up from the airport, and we went out for a beer. Ended up meeting my first San Diego friends, which happened to be other mobile app developers (some more famous than others), and then stayed out til 4am.
- Saturday we walked down to Pannikin for breakfast eggs & bagels and then down by the cove, met Erin's cousin and Aunt for a bit, went on a long hike up to the monument on Mt Soledad overlooking the city (where there was actually a swimsuit + lamborghini photoshoot taking place of course), and then showered to meet Nate for an Italian dinner down in the Shores. From there, we ventured downtown to the Gaslamp District, met some more funny characters, and were back in bed by 2am.
- Sunday we went hiking at Torrey Pines Nat'l Park. Had to turn around bc there was a rattlesnake on the path, but saw a lot of cool views. From there, we traveled up the 101, ate mexican by the beach, went shopping, and then had AMAZING takeout pizza from Naked Pizza that was only 100+ calories a slice for a large. Clearly, we both ate half a pizza...
- Monday is the day that best friends are for. Erin actually went with me to the DMV, and I qualified for my CA drivers license! It should come in the mail any day now, but seriously, she didn't complain the whole time. Who does that? From there, we went to the zoo where we saw a monkey poop into his hand and eat it...and lots of other fun animals. The polar bears were even out! That night we cooked salmon + asparagus, then went and got gelato in the village and watched the Bachelor finale.
- Tuesday I had to work a good bit, but we did manage to fit in a walk by Windansea beach, and then we got my most favorite tacos at Luche Libre with Nate.
ps - Peanut found her dogsitter yesterday for when I travel, and totally fit in with the other 6 dogs in her "pack"...I was so proud! What was she most interested in though? The three cats...Should make for interesting times...Next stop for me, Vegas! :)
| Me + Mika's Giraffes |
| Just because he came out this time. Austin and Lauren didn't get to see. |
| Dog + Cheetah are best friends. My favorite exhibit. |
| Before the rattlesnake. Pictures don't do Torrey Pines justice. |
Love this post and these pictures!! love the cheetah and dog pic!! miss you bear!
ReplyDelete