Monday, March 21, 2011

A Family Trip to Vegas

As many of you know, I went to Vegas this past weekend. It may not be fair to blog about something/someone who doesn't even know you have a blog, but if you don't know that I have a blog, maybe you shouldn't invite me with your family to Vegas either, huh? I guess that makes us even after all.

Many of you thought I was crazy for accepting this invitation (although several of you rooted me on for your own entertainment), but low and behold, I drove the 5+ hours to Vegas this past weekend to go on Chris Craig's Family Trip 2k11.  There was supposed to be more people, it was supposed to take less time, but as I've posted before, things rarely go the way they're supposed to...and thank God, as you will soon read. I went, I'm glad I did, and I had a lot of fun...here's why:

I left out of town Friday at approximately 3:30pm, straight from a restaurant appointment in Del Mar, and headed into the desert. After a ridiculous amount of traffic, I finally arrived at the Hilton Las Vegas. The same Hilton that gives me nightmares from my previous work trip which forced me to commute 30 minutes to and from my first Bank Director Conference which I was entirely terrified at. Anyways, the Washington game is ending just as I get there, and Chris Craig promptly greets me with not one, but two! cranberry vodkas. We talk about what we should do that night, but since he knows some people with a table at Tryst (and if you have ever been to a Bachelorette Party in Vegas, you know that's the place to be!)...we decided to go there.

So we get in line at Tryst. Me, Chris, and his parents. jk...Just Chris and me (although sidenote: his parents are awesome)...Anyways, it's a ridiculous line...but ohhhh the people watching! There were foreign people popped collars and slutty Miley-Cyrus-look-alikes everywhere. We made good friends with some Argentinians in line and explained to them what America was like (in our own ways), and finally Chris's friends showed up so we could get specially escorted to the back corner with no heat lamp by the waterfall. I may sound negative, but that's just the cold in me speaking. I was actually having a lot of fun (which says a lot for being at a trendy bar)...But we decide to call it a night at around 1:30am (or so we think) and get in a cab line that takes close to an hour...or fifteen minutes, but at this time of night/morning, it felt like an hour. However, much to our surprise, the night is SO not over!

We get back to the Hilton and are heading to the elevators when we overhear a commotion. We look to the left and see what is a cafe by day, transformed into an electric light dance floor...make that an electric light dance floor filled with black people breaking it down. Clearly, we have to join. Without any hesitation (I don't think), we head in to dance, and that's when it happens...

As we are dancing our hearts out, as best and worst as we can, the floor kind of clears, and all of a sudden it is just me, another girl, Chris, and..........MARK CURRY! like THE Mark Curry. In the words of Lauren, "if anyone else told me this story I'd think they were lying," but I swear...it happened. As the Hangin' with Mr. Cooper fanatic that I am, this entirely makes my night/month/life (even if I'm just a fanatic all of a sudden)...Chris and I exchange equal "OMG!!!" looks, and make it entirely obvious we are obsessed and star-struck (sidenote: we did know he was performing at the hotel that night, but never dreamed we would actually get to "Hang with Mr. Cooper")...Mark wasn't really having me, no matter how hard I tried, and eventually sat back down behind a velvet rope, but it really didn't matter to me. My night was complete.

I must say that for someone who is so funny and lively, he kind of seemed downright depressed, but that is neither here, nor there. (I just want to help you, okay Mark? - call me?)...We finally had to leave as I think Chris had worn out all of his dance moves (which were equally as ridiculous as they were fantastic), but no worries, on my way out, Mark gave me a flirty wave + a wink, so I'm pretty sure he was in love after all. The rest of the weekend was fun as well, but not nearly as good of a story. The end.

Oh hey, Mark :)

No comments:

Post a Comment