Saturday, April 9, 2011

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

Sound familiar? I made it up...ok fine...but it really does describe my life right now. Yes, your melodramatic (and sometimes fickle) friend seems to be on a pendulum swing these days that goes from one extreme to the other throughout the week, day, and even hour at times, but in essence, is enjoying the ride. 

Rather than having one riveting story to share with you today, I thought a bulleted list of my highlights from the past week would be an interesting post. I have made a lot of realizations and accomplishments in the last week, so I'm going to put them all into one exhaustive list for you...starting NOW:

The Fun Stuff:
  • I  made some southern friends -- thanks to Tyler and Nicole, and Mrs. Tucker. Yes, people from Florida who I actually watched NCAA basketball with (although drinking wine rather than beer - a trend I could get used to!) and even a CPA alum! -- who knows about this blog, so hey Andrea :) in case you didn't know, we're officially -- and publicly - friends now.
  • I went on a crazy hike to a waterfall that had 3 snakes and crazy slippery cliffs that I nearly plunged to my death off of...but was totally worth it. 
  • I scored a meeting I've been working on for nearly a year! that Cath and I get to go to in 2 weeks
  • I have officially signed up 9 great restaurants for our gift certificate program (and expect a lot more to turn in their papers next week!) -- :)!!! 
  • I am officially a part of a "supper club." 7 great ladies who are entirely different than me, but all great people and interesting to be around.
  • I learned that working at a coffee shop is super fun for people watching!
  • I joined match.com on a free trial...then got creeped out by the people in San Diego and deactivated...then got bored again and joined. Being winked at by asians is pretty confidence boosting, and I think I could use a little bit of that right now.
  • I tried some delicious and expensive wines...and held one that was worth $15k!
  • Roscoe came and visited for a night! We went to a fabulous breakfast the next morning overlooking the cove, too :)
  • I've decided I love what I do. I love talking to new people, and I'm a pretty convincing sales person (when I believe in what I'm selling)
  • I watched Black Swan alone and still managed to sleep okay.
  • Mika booked a trip to visit me!!!
  • I got approached in the grocery store and talked to for an hour by a man named Bob who could feel my "good energy" -- this may have been the highlight of my week.
  • I cooked a meal that was actually delicious (perhaps even by standards other than mine!)
The Blah
  • I got homesick for the first "real" time. Friday (yesterday) I was really just dying for one good friend here and got pissed for this whole "move" idea.
  • I realized that working from home is not for me. Not only is moving to a new city hard...I think I could manage that...but working in isolation, PLUS being in a new city...is for the birds!
  • It was kinda ugly this week (by San Diegan standards) with a couple rainy days and colder temps...One restaurant owner told me he thought it was going to snow any minute! (it was 55).
  • Several restaurants said No to my program that I thought would be "yes"es...My dad and I decided I don't handle rejection well. It also sucks to be screened, if you're wondering.
  • I made my 2nd trip to the laundromat. Yes, I have only done laundry twice since Feb 18 -- bitches! (but as you can imagine it was a lot...and took a very long time)
  • I am unable to make it to Kelly's bachelorette party bc of $$$.
  • I get sleepy when I don't have people interaction. Took several naps this week with no legitimate excuse for being tired.
  • I emailed a girl I really liked who said she wanted to hang out again................she never responded. Girl dumped! :( 
As you can see, the good has WAY outweighed the bad. I'm much better out of my funk today, but just realized I'm not so good with down-time. I like to have fun every moment of everyday, but I'm learning. Patience is everything, right? Hope this wasn't too depressing ;)

1 comment:

  1. Whoever this girl is who dumped you clearly doesn't deserve your friendship...your better off with the Pea! :) I'm proud of ewe, Kelsa! Miss ewe, love ewe

    ReplyDelete